Sunday, March 1, 2009

Having P.E. Twice a Day Would Make Us All Smarter...Really.

Last week, I went to a neuroscience/education conference in San Francisco. Totally blew my mind. I have a degree in neurobiology, but it's been a while since I became acquainted with the current research.

You know, neuroscientists who study how humans learn and educators should really get together on a more permanent basis.

One of my favorite lectures was by Dr. John Medina, author of Brain Rules. The most compelling research that he presented was how exercise effects cognitive function--exercise makes you smarter...truly! Now I want to install treadmills in all classrooms and have gym twice a day instead of twice a week.

Check out his videos (he is highly entertaining) at this youtube channel:


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment