Here is how it went:
- I chose my phone number from a list of possibles--they give you the option of choosing the locality of your phone number if available. So, I chose one that has a local area code.
- I listed the numbers of the phones that I wish to ring when someone dials my Google Voice number. In this case, I want my home phone to ring, as well as my cell phone. So my DH doesn't have to dial many numbers just to reach me.
- If I don't pick up, GV plays my recorded voicemail message and records the callers message for me.
- Then it transcribes the message FOR me into a text message, which I then can access from any browser!!!
- I jumped around a did a little jig.
- You can also download a free app where you can get the messages texted to you, but I didn't do that.